Bars

Doug Tustin marmotaINNERCITE.COM
Thu Sep 18 15:28:59 PDT 2003

During my visits to Spain I found that bars are places to buy coffee, beer
and wine as well as other alcoholic beverages, a place for family and
friends to socialize, watch TV,  and a place to eat. They are usually open
when other restaurants are closed.

In the morning various pasteries are available.  Later there are tapas,
small plates of various kinds of foods. Then there are sandwiches or
bocadillos, often ham. One can usually order fried potatoes.

I have a question about other kinds of food in bars. I'm lean, usually very
hungry, and find the offerings limited both in size and type of food. Since
bars  have kitchens, is it possible to order more regular type of meals?
Are the kitchens flexible for fixing a la cart orders?

Doug