Being courteous or obnoxious

athena deannabowlingaYAHOO.COM
Sat Sep 6 15:19:28 PDT 2003

In a somewhat related vein:
I walked to Fisterre this past June. By the time I got there, after being lost in high grass, thoroughly wetted down, and rather sad to have left Santiago...I did not bother to find the person who gives the Fisterrana. I have a nicely stamped passport, showing that I did, indeed, walk there and it took me 4 days due to weather and lostness. Next spring when I walk the Plata, if I bus to Fisterre with my year-old passport, I wonder whether I can obtain a Fisterrana for the previous year? Just curious...I think I found that the old gods and I are creatures of two different worlds and times.
Deanna

In Fisterra last year the big thing appeared to be
pilgrims who bussed in from Santiago and then asked
for the Fisterrana. Most were more than courteous when
we explained that only walkers and cyclists could earn
it. But there were those few (I could count on one
hand) who demanded it because they had been pilgrims
to Santiago and had gotten the Compostela.