Credentials

Eyskens jeyskensaAUSTIN.RR.COM
Sat Sep 6 04:19:44 PDT 2003

I never observed any such behavior when I walked in '01, and during my
'Hospitalero' stint last year the only instance was a group of
Norwegians who sent a young girl 'scout' on ahead to reserve places at
the Refugio.  The only arrogant behavior was from the organized tour
groups who came thru in motor coaches and 'demanded' to tour the Refugio
when pilgrims were showering, napping, etc.

Jim Eyskens

-----Original Message-----
From: Road to Santiago Pilgrimage [mailto:GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU] On
Behalf Of Howard Mendes
Sent: Saturday, September 06, 2003 5:00 PM
To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
Subject: Re: Credentials

In a message dated 9/6/2003 11:05:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
tckayesaEARTHLINK.NET writes:

8 Frenchmen behind us.  One of
them started jogging with a handful of passports and passed us and three
other pairs of peregrinos in order to get in line at the albergue before
us.

Hate to generalize, but the only obnoxious people I encountered on the
Camino were French.  On the other hand there were in the minority.
There were far more delightful French people.  I guess there is a
cultural thing with some of the French who cannot restrain their
arrogance.
Howard Mendes, NYC