Mission Trails

Lydia Banales lydiaaBANALES.NET
Sat Sep 6 09:57:34 PDT 2003

Don't know if I've updated you lately. Joe has completed the walk from
San Juan Capistrano all the way to La Purisima in Lompoc. One piece at a
time, of course. Last week he took our 9 year old grandson to Carlsbad
and they walked to Mission San Louis Rey. Ryan is starting 4th grade
when all the children study California history. The usual project is to
construct a Mission, so Ryan got a head start. We have some great
pictures.  We haven't walked any more segments of the Camino, but were
in Southern France and Spain this summer. Soooooo hot! I volunteered at
Lourdes for a week while Joe returned to the Bilbao area to continue his
family name research. The experiences were enriching for both of us. My
knee is still not right, but I hope by next Spring or Fall to walk
another part of the Camino. We've done the beginning of the French route
and the end. Only about 350 miles to go!  Hope all is well with you.
Best regards, Lydia Banales