No subject

davidson davidsonaETAL.URI.EDU
Thu Sep 4 06:19:32 PDT 2003

Hi to all Gocamino-ers

2 notices about the probably not-so-smooth running of Gocamino these days
and one more time about how to unsubscribe from gocamino.

1/ Slow downs: University of Rhode Island students have just returned for
classes and the influx of 15,000 + students in addition to trying to use a new
software has created slow postings. Please be patient.

2/ Viruses:
The influx of these students _and_ their computers has all of us quite
sensitive to virus problems. The university system was whopped with the 3 big
viruses that came out during August. Now university personnel are scanning
each student's computer to make sure other viruses don't enter.
Meanwhile, I'm getting about 3 notices a day of failure to send or disseminate
emails because of virus symptoms.
For those people whose emails the administration sends to me saying they have
"virus symptoms", I immediately delete the message and
I __remove__ that address from the gocamino listserv. So if you get a notice
that you've been deleted,please understand that you may have a virus in your
system. Please check it out before you re-subscribe !

Now, once more with feeling. If you wish to unsubscribe from Gocamino, please
do NOT hit the reply button. Your message goes to the 300 + on this list.

Write to Listservapete.uri.edu
in the message area -- remember that you are talking to a computer -- write
ONLY
unsubscribe gocamino and your email address.

nothing more, not even your automated signature.

IF, and only if, you have problems, write to me, Personally and request that I
remove you from the listserve. Write to davidsonaetal.uri.edu
and remember to give me your name AND your email address

Thank you. linda davidson
coordinator.