Mail in Spain

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Wed Sep 3 07:48:14 PDT 2003

Hello again,
Perhaps you'd like to know that the price of the boxes, envelopes, etc., at
the Spain post offices ranges from 35 Euro-cents to 1.82 Euros which is the
price of the largest one (about the size of a suitcase). They also have elongated
boxes, rolls, and so on, but these are not usually on display;  you'll need
to ask for them.
I helped some German pilgrims, who didn't speak Spanish,  at the post office
(they spoke to me in English and I translated.... post office personnel do not
speak English, they migh understand  French, certainly Portuguese and
Galician and perhaps Italian, but not English). At any rate, these pilgrims intended
to walk beyond Santiago and they were sending packages to themselves to be
picked up at the airport in Madrid.  The post office people informed that they
should send the packages addressed in their name to  CONSIGNA,  Aeropuerto
Barajas, Madrid.  (Consigna is where you check suitcases, etc., in at airports and
so on).  I got the impression that this is commonly done by European
travelers.
Regards again.
Rosina