September weather on the Camino

aumm aumm aumm_aummaYAHOO.CO.UK
Tue Sep 2 07:07:42 PDT 2003

Dear James

I walked the Camino in September 2000 and barely saw a
cloud until my last day in Galicia.  However, this
isn’t always the case, especially if you are getting
towards October when it can be variable. As the
hospitalera at Carrion de Los Condes told me: "en
septiembre o se caen los puentes o se secan las
fuentes” (in September either the rivers run high or
the wells run dry).

Also, I don’t know at what point you intend to start
the pilgrimage, but you should remember that, if you
begin in the Pyrenees, you will walk through mountains
where the weather is always variable, the vast plains
of the meseta where you will find a continental (and
hence generally more extreme) climate and of course
Galicia, where you will be lucky to avoid at least
some rain. In short, I would prepare to encounter a
mixture of temperature and weather.

Regards,

Gareth

"R. James Disharoon, CDP" <jamesaDISHAROON.NET>
wrote:I am planning on arriving in Spain September 16
and hitting the Road
some during the last two weeks of September. I have
been following the
discussions closely for updates. Are there any updates
on how folks are
finding the weather and what can be expected during at
the end of
September?

James