The Camino Portugues

M Parker MGParkeraAOL.COM
Thu Oct 30 18:07:56 PST 2003

Hey there Rosina,   don't be disuaded too much by my experience....i made several mistakes

Things I have learned for those who want to walk the PW:
1.  Don't go alone.
2.  Buy and carry your food and drink with you.
3.  Plan to cook for yourself in the albergues.
4.  Don't wait so late in the fall to go.  Go during more popular times.
5.  SOMEHOW,  see if you can avoid some of those problematic stretches of highway 550.
Other than that,  the Poruguese route has some very beautiful stretches...
I would have welcomed more guide.....somewhat like the British confraternity guide book.  I seldom knew where I was.  There is very little signage of the pueblos,  etc.
Don't NOT go because of my experience.
Marianne