Reductions in cost of travel to Santiago

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Sat Oct 18 15:12:55 PDT 2003

Hello you all,
Although I appreciate your very kind words, there really is no need to thank
me for anything since it is I who derives pleasure and gratification talking
about Camino-related things with those who also care about it. I only know four
or five people in the flesh in New York who have made the pilgrimage, and I
don't see them very often..... so thank Linda and you all for this list!.
     Now,... there is a Benedictine monastery, close to the Cathedral, where
interested pilgrims may stay.  You may write to:
               Madre Hospedera
               Monasterio San Pelayo
               San Pelayo ante Altares 23
               15704 Santiago de Compostela
               La Corunha, Spain
               tel: 981 583 127
               Fx  981 560  623
Persons may stay there for 35 Euros per day, which includes all meals.  But
there is a 10:00 p.m. curfew and the monastery requires a minimum stay of 3
days and a maximum of eight days.  The monastery has, for this purpose, a
dormitory with five single beds and 2 double rooms with private beds, all supplied
with towels and linen.   Different arrangements may be made with the Madre
Hospedera upon arrival; the curfew, however, is not negotiable.
     The Seville pilgrim who sent this information does not know whether
there have been any changes since she stayed there in 1992.
Regards,
Rosina