pilgrims of a lesser kind

Joe English santiagowalkingaHOTMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 14 01:54:34 PDT 2003

I have no idea why I am continually drawn back to the camino, and am not
even slightly interested in why other individuals are dragging themselves
across northern Spain. The key word is 'individuals' - everyone is there
for their own reason and it is not up to us to decide whether
they 'belong' or not or whether they are doing a 'proper' pilgrimage.
If some want to do it by helicopter, let them at it because it will not
bother me.
We all have our dark, nasty little secrets. Mine is that I sometimes stay
in hotels along the way. Should I hand my credencial back??????. I am not
a proper 'hardship' pilgrim. Perhaps we need 'Pilgrim Police' to certify
everyone's motives? (on second thoughts that approach was tried already
with the Spanish Inquisition, with splendid results)
Lighten up everyone ....
(PS Nice to have Howard back)
Joe