Xacobeo and Football and pilgrims of a lesser kind

athena deannabowlingaYAHOO.COM
Wed Oct 8 10:49:32 PDT 2003

There are other Masses throughout the day than the noon Pilgrim's Mass, and they are sparsely attended. If you go to hug Santiago at a time other than near the hour of  Pilgrims' Mass, there are no crowds. The Blessed Sacrament was continually exposed in a side chapel and there were frequent Masses in there.  It's just a matter of timing. The busses and crowds arrive for noon Mass. I had a lot of time to pray, to be alone, to reflect, in the cathedral. Since my Spanish is poor, it did not matter to me whether it was a Pilgrims' Mass sermon. And the Eucharist is always the same.

Deanna

pieter pannevis <p.pannevisaCHELLO.NL> wrote:
Dear all,

The "quote" pilgrims of a lesser kind referred to the pilgrims who make part
of this group
The pilgrims who took the cobbled stones, the wind and blisters and all, but
at long last arrived in Santiago could hardly find a place near their James
in the church on account of other pilgrims ( )
I insist on making this clear. There are no special rights to them, but at
least some dignity for a decent arrival for many of those who traveled much
more than only the Camino Frances.
The group pilgrims (however well earned as Dana laid out) and tourist, might
be placed elswhere and the archdiocese should consider it and not make too
much noise about this holy year.

It might come so far that only by a direct television link to Monte Gozo;
pilgrims will be able to see Mass

This was my underlying point and NOT that as suggested by the Reverend

Pieter- the Netherlands

---