camino portugues info.

Dave Buchan dbuchanaPARADISE.NET.NZ
Sat Nov 29 22:32:43 PST 2003

Quoting Kit Nuzum <kitaORCASONLINE.COM>:
Regarding the Camino Portugues.
I walked the route from Tui(on the Spanish-Portuguese border) to Santiago in
Mid October this year. I can totally recomend it as a scenic (almost all) and
well marked  (almost the whole way) route. There is a bad patch of industrial
waste land walking in to Porrino and another highway stretch after Padron but
most of the trail is off road on beautiful woody paths and through farm tracks.
The Aubergues in Porrino, Redondela and Pontevedra need to be seen to be
believed. There are new, modern, huge, well equiped, donation only, and empty!
(at least they were in October). In the first two named my friend and I were
the only pilgrims and in the third there were six total staying.The going is
mostly undulating with only a couple of climbs. The way is well marked and the
locals very welcoming and accepting of pilgrims.If anyone has specific
questions let me know.

Dave from New Zealand.