query re: air travel to the camino frances

Martin J Gerra mgerraaJUNO.COM
Wed Nov 19 12:19:08 PST 2003

Hello - My name is Martin Gerra, and I am a new subscriber to the list.
I live in Boulder, Colorado, and plan to walk the Camino Frances during
May, 2004.  I would like opinions as to the most convenient  city to fly
to from the United States in order to begin the pilgrimage at  St. Jean
Pied-de-Port.  Barcelona?  Madrid? Paris?  I might be able to fly into a
smaller city rather than one of the larger ones, assuming I can stretch
my frequent flyer miles that far, so I'd also be interested in hearing
from people who flew somewhat closer to St. Jean Pied-de-Port than one of
the major cities on the direct flight routes from the United States.
Finally, I'd be interested in advice about how one makes ones way from
the city where one lands to  St. Jean Pied-de-Port.  Thank you so much.