Camino too Easy

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Fri Nov 14 10:35:42 PST 2003

Hi Mary,
I don't know much of what happens after Holy Week  since I always come back
the day after Easter Sunday.  But I do know that students have to go back to
school right after Easter, so I doubt that there would be  many of them walking
the Camino then.
For the past several years the number of pilgrims that receive the Compostela
in April is between 7 or 8 times the number of those who receive it the
preceding March; this marked increase may be owing to  the Holy Week pilgrims, or
perhaps it is due to the fact that the weather is lovely then; there is about a
10-15% increase in the numbers in May and after then the numbers take off
until September.
If I could I would love to go during April or May; the weather is ideal and
there is a lovely scent of orange and lemon blossoms (azhar, in Spanish) in the
air.
Regards,
Rosina