Kilometers per day?

athena deannabowlingaYAHOO.COM
Tue Nov 11 08:43:28 PST 2003

Fellow 'Muricans...

10.2 kilometers is 6 miles. I find it easier, state-side, to think in miles. When I reach Europe, my mind switches into kilometers.
I can do 15 miles a day, absolutely no sweat. That's something like 25 km. After a few days on the Camino I can do over 30 km and still feel fine after a brief nap. I am 64. I do work out a lot: 5 miles walking a day plus either weights or aerobics for an hour a day.

Deanna

Carlos Mentley <mentleyaerskine.edu> wrote:
Need to be careful with those generalizations! Perhaps pilgrims without time constraints can
manage the leisurely pace of 20 km per day.