I've Returned

Paul Newfield pcn01aWEBDSI.COM
Thu Nov 6 14:06:41 PST 2003

It sounds like you still have your smile.  But, do you still have the beard?
  Subject: I've Returned

  Hello to everyone,
  I've returned from the Camino and would like to renew my friendship with you
  all.

  Presently, I'm living on a small farm on the North Island of New Zealand.
  Where I am  slowly returning to normality after a wonderful, exciting walk
  from Germany to Finisterre.

  I arrived in Santaigo on 22 September this year. Those of you who were there
  and had not yet met me may remember an old fellow with a big smile, long
  grey hair and beard standing in the square  - that was me. This was the
  paramount event my last 20 years! I have never felt more alive or loved. A
  big thank you and a hug to everyone that gave me a smile, shared their
  happiness or helped me along the way.
  To anyone contemplating the journey, who may have concerns, I would say - DO
  IT. I did not have a single bad experience or day along the way. I felt
  God's presence and was always confident that I would arrive safely; every
  person I met was helpful, kind and considerate. During my working life, I
  traveled widely and I did not always have this secure feeling, but the
  Camino was very different.

  Thank you for the opportunity to re introduce myself and I hope to hear from
  some of you soon.

  Bill Clune