[saintjames] sleeping outside

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Sun May 25 14:30:29 PDT 2003

Hi Athena,
You cannot use US Dollars in Spain anywhere.  You will have to change them
into Euros and if you do so at an exchange facility an Euro will cost you about
$1.30 US Dlls.
You can, however use your banking ATM card to withdraw Euros from one of the
many ATM machines and your bank will only charge about $1.24 per Euro.  (at
least that is what mine charged about a month ago).
Do take care availing.  yourself of the ATMs. The instructions m ay be
confusing even when translated into English, and if you make a mistake the machine
will eat your card and you will need to wait until you get home to replace it.
I lost two cards in this manner and despite all my efforts,  foolproof
identification and even phone calls from my bank I couldn't get them back. I was
told that the ATMs' sponsors destroy the cards so lost within 24 hours of their
being swallowed by the machines.
I am going back to Seville for a long weekend (Tuesday to Sunday) on the
tenth of June; when I come back will report on the currency changes, if any.
Warm regards,
Rosina   (from New York City)