Nutrition and Local Hours

Doug Tustin pelicanaINNERCITE.COM
Mon May 12 18:00:38 PDT 2003

In previous postings people have mentioned restaurants and stores all being
closed on Sundays. Is this generally true, and if so, what about meals and
trail-food on those days? On the other days, during what hours can one
count on places being open?

Do most towns have places to buy dried fruit and nuts, bread, cheese, etc.?
How much of a "stash" should one carry?

How much cooking is practical in the refugios? Can one make a cup of tea
before departing at first light?

I understand from privious postings that 2004 is a special religious year
on the Camino, and there will be more people. True? For this reason I am
planning to begin around the first of September, 2003. Will most of the
Summer crowds be gone by then, and when I finish by mid-October, will the
weather still be reasonable?

These archives are fantastic, and again, I extend my heart-felt gratitude
to all who have sharred their experiences. Planning for the pilgrimage
would be very difficult without all this practical information.

Doug Tustin