Finisterre

wisdom's aspirant athenaaBROOKSDATA.NET
Sat Mar 29 20:56:19 PST 2003

Oh, thank you. This is most encouraging. I am looking forward to the final
walk to the sea.

I am doing a wimp's walk of the Camino! I had not done anything like this
all alone and was unaware of how many people actually do it. So I signed up
for a van supported trip run by Linda Frey.We will spend the first 11 days
seeing highlights from St Jean to Samos and walk about 100 miles of this
total distance. At that point I will leave the group and walk the rest of
the way to the sea alone, so as to earn the Compostela and see the  ocean
at the end.  When I signed up for this, if I had known what I know now from
you good people, I would have simply planned to walk the whole thing alone.
But there is always next year. And I know that I will learn a lot from
Nancy who seems to have devoted much of her life to a study of the Camino.
Although I am 63 I am in top shape, spend 2 hours a day on aerobics and
weight training, backpack in the desert mountains, and I know I could walk
the Camino with no problem.
Deanna