Suggestions About Dealing With Anti-American Sentiment on the Camino

Larry Groves lgrovesaCFL.RR.COM
Sat Mar 29 03:53:21 PST 2003

For many months now I have been following the dialogue and entries at this
website.  I am thankful for and appreciate all of the advice and commentary
regarding the Camino.   My name is Chris Groves, a resident of Central
Florida, part time magistrate, wife, and mother of two.   A friend and I
have been planning our journey since last fall.  In no way do we see
ourselves as making a "political statement," much less a "HUGE" political
statement.

Maybe I am naive to think this way.   My sense is that each person's time on
the trail is their  unique journey.  That you might meet those who are
walking the trail as a political statement and that could be interesting, I
would respect that.  But, I am not going to set out on my journey in search
of political truth.

I regret that some readers might be frustrated with the dialog of backpacks,
boots and blisters ... These are all things that help in the preparation for
this type of journey, and I am grateful for the advice and ideas.  As well,
I am grateful for your Camino stories.   Your political views, for the most
part, I edit out with the thought that there are better suited places for
that type of commentary and discussion.   It is not what I am looking for
here.

All of you with Camino stories to tell and advice for the walk, bring it on.
I read it all.  And, thank you for understanding why I edit out political
diatribe.