further than there, then back again

Martin Ray brermartinaWEBTV.NET
Mon Mar 17 10:24:23 PST 2003

Wow, great responses from out there.  In here, I'm feeling more and more
encouraged (ultreya-ed), and connected to each of you... let me tell you
a little story: in my response to one of the private responses, I
mentioned that she could really help me out by carrying me! a few
kilometers each day on the Camino.  Then she told me she would! -- in a
stone.  Just to let her know when I was starting off, and she'd pick me
up, in a stone.  (these stones are looking more & more useful!)  And
then I began to realize how many of you have already carried me with so
many wonderful tips and encouragement, far beyond my expectations.  Like
a family helping a brother, this whole thing has already been a huge
success, and truly a collaborative (ad)venture.  You know who you are --
Sue, Maura, Daniel, Laurie -- and Xose, Pieter, Maybeth, Lloyd, Bob,
gosh there are many more -- thank you all for carrying me!  (though
there's still no substitute for the training)
      23 days until departure, 29 days until the Camino.   Peace be to
all beings.
             Martin