guides

David planning Le Chemin de St Jacques/El Camino de Santiago caminoaOAKAPPLE.NET
Mon Mar 17 06:16:43 PST 2003

> I think I might need a better guide!!

>> According to my Spanish guide:  " el Camino a pie" (El Pais ISBN: 84 03
>> 59653 7)
>> Burguette is 3 km's from Roncevalles and there are 3 hotels (and good
>> restaurants)
>> Espinal is only 6.3 from Roncevalles and has one hostel (at least)
>> Biscarette at 11.5 has one "casa rural"
>> Zubiri (indeed at 21.8 kms') has a Refugio and two hotels

The CSJ's guide to the camino francés is very compact and newly revised -
a good one for English-speaking pilgrims certainly:

http://www.csj.org.uk/acatalog/The_CSJ_Bookshop_Pilgrim_Guides_to_Spain_23.html