further than there, then back again

maybeth maybethaSHAW.CA
Sun Mar 16 13:12:35 PST 2003

It is good to read comments and preparations from others who are going on
the camino soon. I am  also 55 years old and plan to walk from Le Puy to
Finnisterre this fall. I believe in training for this type of thing. I am
currently walking a lot in preparation for an ultramarathon (63.5 km) on
June 7. From my experience with this type of distance walking for the past
year, I would highly recommend increasing distances with your pack up to
your maximum daily distance. Only then will you know about potential
blisters, footwear, layering, hydration, etc. Happy walking.
Maybeth