Sv: Re: What comes first, the Cathedral, or the Pilgrims' Office?

fkjaer fkjaeraPOST7.TELE.DK
Fri Mar 14 11:53:34 PST 2003

Xosé Manuel and Pieter wrote (respectively):

>> Now, I guess that the only way this info could have been
obtained was by pilgrims going to the Pilgrims Office first,
and then to the Pilgrims' noon mass.
The other alternative is that the lists may have been gathered
the previous days to those masses, but I remember them
refering to "today's countries..."<<

>>The noon Mass gives the accounts of the day before as they
are entered into the logs of the Pilgrims' office! <<

When I arrived at Santiago last summer I was told that pilgrims that registered before 11 a.m. would be mentioned at the noon Mass the same day.
I managed to register well before 11, but was stupid enough to go to the station to buy my train ticket out of town as I had been told that the train might be sold out shortly. (So I did something before going to the church, Marianne!) At the station it took the clerk at the only open desk 30 minutes to make a ticket to Geneva to the lady standing in line before me and as I lost my way back to the cathedral and arrived 15 minutes late for Mass I did not hear the reading of the days list of arrived pilgrims. My friends told me that a Danish pilgrim had been mentioned, but I couldn't be sure if it had been me.
The next day only one Danish pilgrim was mentioned. I know that person wasn't me as I had started in St. Jean and and the person in question had started in Roncesvalles.
So, Pieter and Xosé Manuel, you are probably both right. To me it seems that pilgrims registering before 11 a.m. will be mentioned the same day and those arriving in the afternoon will be mentioned together with those arriving the nex morning.

Frans.

PS. Pieter, I still do not get that joke about Trigo in the bar, do you?