vegetarian food

Reynolds, Laurie LREYNOLDaLAW.UIUC.EDU
Sat Mar 1 14:27:39 PST 2003

<<<<<How's the situation for a vegetarian on el Camino? >>>>>

Though I am not a vegetarian, I don't eat a lot of meat, and I frequently
found that the best meal was to ask for two first courses on the menu del
dia (with occasionally some patatas fritas thrown in).  That way I usually
had a salad and then some soup, a plate of vegetables, or pasta.  As others
have mentioned, vegetarianism isn't that widespread in Spain, especially
outside of the big cities, and frequently the vegetables have a bit of ham,
the soup has a meat base, etc.