Taking a walking stick

Douglass Norvell norvellaNAUVOO.NET
Wed Mar 26 15:08:00 PST 2003

I tried to take my collapsible walking stick on an airplane and was treated like Osama Bin Lauden.

Check it in your luggage, or better still buy one of those fashionable little boo peep walking sticks at the start of the trail.

doug norvell
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: name: Philip J. Judd
  To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
  Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 4:20 PM
  Subject: Taking a walking stick

  I have enjoyed  the e-mails even if they are getting fast a furious. I leave 4/24 and begin my journey from Pamplona on 4/27 or 28. My question is this...I have purchased a telescopic walking stick..can I carry this on the plane??? If not , I then assume I will have to check it in. Any suggestions from those who faced this question leaving from the United States? P.S. I am looking forward ti those cheese and bread breakfasts. Phil Judd