[saintjames] Re: Najera Poem.

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Fri Jun 27 09:25:13 PDT 2003

Hi Liz,
You are right about the last line of the poem.  It fits, and sounds, quite
well.
Personally, I do not like translations.  The meaning  of words may be
conveyed but most of the music, and the feeling, is lost.  (What wonder the Iliad
must be in the original Greek!). Nevertheless, something is better than nothing,
I suppose.

Some time ago a Spanish pilgrim,  whom  I had met in Linate,  wrote a series
of sonnets as he walked the Camino and later sent them to me.. They are
delicately pilgrim-felt and very beautiful.  I'll either fax or U.S. mail them to
you if you wish.
Warm regards,
Rosina