[saintjames] Re: Najera Poem.

Elizabeth Boylston-Morris TagelleaAOL.COM
Wed Jun 25 10:10:37 PDT 2003

Rosina,
Thank you ever so much for the poem and its translation.
Someone in my office, a native speaker of both English and Spanish,
translated the poem's last line, "Solo el de arriba lo Sabe!" , as  "Only He above
knows".  For the sake of metric consonance perhaps the line could be written  as
"Only He above us knows!". This seems to satisfy both the simple emphasis and
the poetic symmetry.
       One of our writers just returned from the Camino aglow with enthusiasm
and appreciation; she has generated an unusual degree of interest about it in
our offices and will be making a Camino presentation using, among other
illustrations,  the Beatitudes and the Najera poems.  Do you, or subscribers to
this LISTSERV, know of other similar poems?   They needn't be translated into
English since we now know that we have a very willing in-office translator.
Again, thank you so very much.
Liz