Cell Phones

Lydia Banales lydiaaBANALES.NET
Fri Jun 20 23:09:17 PDT 2003

I am so tired of not being able to use the telephone easily in Europe
that today we bought a new cell phone with the capability of receiving
and making calls in both the US and Europe. Both technologies are
contained in one unit. I had to sign a 1 year contract with AT&T in one
of their plans. I got a discount on the phone, less than $100, and a
plan that sounded good. Last year I tried to buy a phone in Paris, but
it was not possible. I needed a credit reference in France and the phone
could only be used in France. I thought you could just use different
chips for different countries, but it didn't work that way. Now we're
set. I'll use this phone both here and when we travel. Hope this helps.
Lydia