New to the list: Some Queries

Bruce Shelton SHELTON1986aINFIONLINE.NET
Wed Jun 18 14:00:03 PDT 2003

Hi Dave - I just returned from my trip on the Camino last week. In September, the weather may start getting chilly again, so you'd probably be wise to carry both a light weight sleeping bag ( mine weighed 1 lb. - goose down) and a sleeping liner for hot nights. I didn't have a sleeping liner and my bag was too hot  to use on some nights in early June/ late May. Liners are very light weight, so it may be worth the extra ounzes. Blankets are definitely not available at most refugios. A recommendation is not required to secure your credencials document at Roncesvalle; I don't know about other places, but I doubt it. I wish you the best on your adventure of a lifetime! Mid-September, by the way, should be an excellent time to begin your journey, both weather and crowd-wise.

Bruce Shelton, Virginia Beach, VA
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dave Buchan
  To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
  Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 12:07 AM
  Subject: New to the list: Some Queries

  Hi, My names Dave, and I will be walking the Camino starting September 16th or 17th. I have a couple of questions that I would appreciate a response to. Do I need to take a sleeping bag or just a liner. I have been told by one pilgrim, refugios provided blankets for his whole trip (May last year), but have read that this is not the case.Enlightenment needed! I have also read a recommendation letter helps in gaining the passport. What are others' experience on this matter. Thanks for the help.

  Dave.