2002 pilgrims by month and country

Crawley, Jeffrey jeffrey.crawleyaFABERMAUNSELL.COM
Wed Jun 18 00:56:03 PDT 2003

I'd be surprised if it wasn't a clerical error, quite a few protestants from the UK and Ireland receive Compostelas so I'm sure it's not that. I know that Scots, Welsh and Irish pilgrims sometimes get irked to be lumped together as Ingles!

I think Cheney's 'New Europe' refers to the old Warsaw Pact countries joining the EU, personally I don't think you can get much more Old Europe than Bohemia and the Czech Republic - very much Student Prince as you say.

I'm not sure where else you WOULD file Israel, with few Muslim pilgrims (although there are some) you could hardly have a Middle East section and it always amuses Europeans when Israel gets lumped in with them for the dreaded Eurovison Song Contest - Asia Minor perhaps?

Perhaps New Yorkers could follow the United Empire Loyalists and migrate north to Canada??

Jeffrey

-----Original Message-----
From: Rosina Lila [mailto:BlaroliaAOL.COM]
Sent: 17 June 2003 20:48
To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
Subject: Re: 2002 pilgrims by month and country

Hello,
The May Compostela does not show any 2002 pilgrims from England or Scotland.

Also, why is Israel listed as an Asian country along with Japan, the Koreas and Vietnam?
Who or what is playing Monopoly with geography? Am I just overly ignorant?

Meanwhile, regards from New York City (presently looking to secede from New York State, while  Staten Island, one of New York City's  five boroughs, wants to secede from the City, and many New Yorkers think that Manhattan should be a city all by itself..  Oh, well!)
Rosina