2002 pilgrims by month and country

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Tue Jun 17 12:48:17 PDT 2003

Hello,
The May Compostela does not show any 2002 pilgrims from England or Scotland.
       Besides those pilgrims cited before from European countries, the
following are listed:
Nordic Countries (Norway, Sweden and Denmark, I think)  783
Switzerland  567
Ireland  342
Chekoslovakia  125
Hungary  67
Poland  65
Andorra  (?) 49
Slovenia (?)  32
Slovakia (?) 29
Luxembourg  20
Russia  14
Greece  11
Bulgaria  9
Lithuania  7
Croatia, Islandia (?) and Letonia (?)   5 each
Rumania  and Estonia   4 each
Albania, Bosnia, Cyprus, Greenland, Feroe Island (??) , Malta, Monaco,
Moldavia, Serbia, Turkey and the Ukraine,  1 each.

Again, these are the pilgrims that received the Compostela; it might be that
pilgrims from Scotland an England, mostly Anglicans and Episcopalians, were
not interested in obtaining a document from a Roman Catholic Church.
Or, it may be, that the omission was a clerical mistake.  I will write the
people I know at the Archdiocese's office and will inquire.

There seem to be a whole lot of new European countries with names reminiscent
of those mentioned in Lehar's "The Merry Widow" and Romberg's "The Student
Prince".
Are these countries what Cheney referred to as the New Europe?
Also, why is Israel listed as an Asian country along with Japan, the Koreas
and Vietnam?
 Who or what is playing Monopoly with geography? Am I just overly ignorant?
Meanwhile, regards from New York City (presently looking to secede from New
York State, while  Staten Island, one of New York City's  five boroughs, wants
to secede from the City, and many New Yorkers think that Manhattan should be a
city all by itself..  Oh, well!)
Rosina