Supplies at SJPP

Doug Tustin pelicanaINNERCITE.COM
Sat Jun 14 20:57:27 PDT 2003

I'll be starting at SJPP about September 4th or 5th. I would like to carry
my backpack on the plane so will not bring anything not allowed on board.
In SJPP are there stores which have aluminum trecking poles (I think I
would prefer this to a walking stick) and small knives for cutting cheese
and fruit? Has anyone had trouble bring his/her pack on board?

What are the most popular and available kinds of trail food?

I've run into a delightful dilemma. I have found "The Pilgrim Road to
Santiago" by David M. Gitlitz and Linda Kay Davidson. It is an
incredible, "must have" source of information describing well innumerable
objects and history along the Road. On the other hand, it weighs 19 oz., a
big  part of the 15 pounds total I'm allowing myself. Judging from some of
the postings here where people have considered breaking the handle off
their tooth brush, 19 oz. is a luxury that should sure be needed. Have
others had experience with this book, and would you recommend bring it
along?

Buen Camino,
Doug Tustin