"Mature" walking

Sally Haden hadense1948aHOTMAIL.COM
Sat Jun 14 07:58:54 PDT 2003

I am touched by everyone's response on the subject "mature" walking.  I am
getting closer to the understanding of what it might mean.  MIGHT.  To just
be entirely myself, in the truest way I can, and to trust myself, and as
much around me,as I can.  and to take as few things as I can possibly
imagine.  Before when I have wanted to 'go lightly' I have thought of the
image of the camel and the eye of the needle (apologies to non-Christians,
as it comes from the Bible), so that's still a good one. I imagine a big
packpack and fancy new boots would be a bit of a problem when trying to slip
through the eye of the needle.
Well.... humour keeps us going.
And I especially like the idea of snoozing in a meadow, and stopping off
wherever is convenient for one's body rather than stressing to get to
refugios... etc.     Spain here I come... later this year.
Many thanks
Sally