helpful information and thoughts - thanks!

Sally Haden hadense1948aHOTMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 6 02:01:37 PDT 2003

Hi all,
Many many thanks for your comments and information.  There's a lot to know
for a 'newby'! Such as the details about getting the Compostella.  My
feeling is that yes I would really like to have it at the end of my walk, at
least because it would be my first time, but also because it is then a
tangible connection with the tradition.  For some the history is not so
important, obviously, but for me I think it will be. Perhaps after my first
time I will be happier to hop about...bits here and bits there, or doing the
whole thing without bothering with the Compostella even.... but only time
will tell.

I will be taking a close look at the sun protection sources, thanks.

And many thanks too, Antonio for your thoughts, though I have replied
directly to you already. For me the Camino is going to be strongly grounded
in spiritual consideration, reflection and observation I think.  I feel
drawn to spend time looking at the marvellous ecclesiastical carvings along
the way, on the churches, because if they spoke to the very early pilgrims
(and were created by them often, because I think the craftsmen were often
pilgrims themselves) then I suspect they have things to say to us today too.
If the Camino does anything, I hope it slows me down in my life, making me
more inclined to stop and stare!
To listen and follow. Mas despacio, espero.

Keep the advice coming!