New Santiago equestrian statue and nature of Santiago

David Hough caminooakappleaYAHOO.COM
Tue Jul 29 16:49:39 PDT 2003

Thinking of the dual nature of Santiago Matamoros
and Santiago Peregrino, often depicted very close
to one another in many churches and public places
as we all have seen - he was called the son of
thunder after all - I was struck by the thought that
perhaps our evolution in attitude toward him parallels
the evolution of our attitude from the sometimes
rather warlike and bloodthirsty God of the Hebrew
scriptures into the more loving father described by
Jesus.