boots

Maura Santangelo maurasantangeloaSTNY.RR.COM
Tue Jul 29 05:42:38 PDT 2003

I walked the camino in May June and we had several days of rain in the
first week (over the Pyrenees, over the Sierra del Perdon), the mud was
either slippery or stuck to the soles like cement. I don't think that I
would have been able to walk as comfortably that section with
lightweight low cut hikers, though I did wish that I had my running
shoes when I had to walk for long stretches on the pavement.  Waterproof
is good, though in reality my feet got wet from my own perspiration when
it did not rain.  I wore goretex lightweight Merrel boots.  In the past
I had hiked with leather goretex Vazque boots. If I had to do it over I
would use the heavier Vazque boot as I never had any difficulty with
foot pain or blisters with them even while carrying a heavier pack than
I carried on the camino.
Enjoy your trip

Maura