Learning on the Camino

Popiel, Jennifer popieljaUWGB.EDU
Wed Jul 23 07:36:05 PDT 2003

Greetings Dave!  I've been lurking for a month hoping for something similar.  I've actually proposed a travel course at my university for next summer to take students along the camino.  I'd be happy to send you a syllabus and (when it comes out) a brochure, so that you can demonstrate that it's done.  As for the rest, I'm waiting for suggestions with bated breath!

Jen Popiel

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Jennifer J. Popiel
Department of History (Humanistic Studies/Women's Studies)
University of Wisconsin, Green Bay
331 Theatre Hall
2420 Nicolet Drive
Green Bay, WI 54311
phone:  920-465-2472
fax:  920-465-2890
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Whitson [mailto:puesaU.WASHINGTON.EDU]
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 11:22 PM
To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
Subject: Learning on the Camino

Greetings-

I'm new to the list.  My name is Dave, 25, and from Seattle.  I walked
the Camino Frances last May (and my shoulders still remember the
last 100k).

I'm hoping to design a summer program at my school to take a small
group of students along the camino, and am looking for
evaluations/summaries by other educators of similar trips (whether at
the high school or university level) - basically to a) show the school
administration that it has been done before, b) that it has educational
value, and c) to gather some advice/ideas on how to actually pull it off.

Does anyone here have any info along these lines, or suggestions of
places for me to look for it?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks-
Dave Whitson