Biking to the next lalbergue

Jen Seeler jeandaveaMINDSPRING.COM
Tue Jul 8 18:15:46 PDT 2003

Lance,

This May we alternated between albergues (when they would admit us) and hostals or small hotels.    I must admit I liked the privacy of the hostals (and the hot showers and fresh towels ) and sleeping with only one snorer.  What was lacking was the comraderie that naturally occurred when sharing accommodations with other peregrinos.    However, from what I have read here, the albergues are prepared for camping.    Albergues and refugios are the same thing.   Two years ago there was a difference in the names.   Refugios were run by the religious, and albergues by private individuals or local governments.   This year all seemed to be called albergues.   All the direction signs said "albergue."

Vaya con dios
     jean