San Juan de Ortega

Eyskens jeyskensaAUSTIN.RR.COM
Sat Jul 5 10:10:41 PDT 2003

Rebekah

When did you walk in '01?  I'm beginning to think I ran into you in late
May at Molinaseca.  They had set up tents at the Refugio to take the
overflow, although I went on and stayed at a meson.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Road to Santiago Pilgrimage [mailto:GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU] On
Behalf Of Rebekah Scott
Sent: Saturday, July 05, 2003 11:49 PM
To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
Subject: Re: San Juan de Ortega

I was there in 1994 and again in 2001. The earlier time, there was hot
water in the men's shower, but not in the women's. (only about 8 to 10
pilgrims were there!)
 In 2001, I arrived late so there was no hot water left for anyone! But
I asked a friend who finished that part of the walk in May of this year;
and she said it's still true: early arrivals who are male (the bathrooms
on the left side of the hallway upstairs, marked for men) had at least
warm water. The women's were still COLD.

And garlic soup was indeed on the menu both times, (although I'm always
full of morcilla from the bar by then!) and wonderful hot cafe con leche
in the morning. And that fabulous Almas de Purgatorio in the church!  I
really love the place, despite the cold water.

Rebekah

Rebekah Scott, journalista
'The more I learn, the less I know.'

  _____

Do you Yahoo!?
SBC
<http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://rd.yahoo.com/evt=1207/*http://promo.yahoo.c
om/sbc/> Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month!