afterdreams

athena deannabowlingaYAHOO.COM
Tue Jul 1 18:56:00 PDT 2003

Yes, I have Camino dreams almost every night. I got home about June 12. I was planning to wait until 2005 to return to the Camino, to miss the Holy Year crowd. But it keeps calling to me. I think I will go ahead and walk the Via del Plata next spring. The Camino is not through with me yet. Like yours, the dreams are not unpleasant, they are just dreams where I am on the Camino. I can't exactly remember them well right this moment. It seems to be burned into my soul and I will have to go back.

Deanna

David Hough <caminooakappleaYAHOO.COM> wrote:
I have been having camino dreams every night since
finishing. They usually seem to involve looking
for food or albergues or finding my way. They are
neither sweet dreams nor nightmares, more like just
reliving as it was. I had no idea it was imprinting
so deeply.

At least
one of my companions reported frequent dreams like
these afterward. Is this a common condition?

In contrast I don't remember similar dreams about the
Pacific Crest Trail, but I have only been doing that
for a week at a time so that cumulative imprinting may
be missing.

http://sbc.yahoo.com

athena...
wisdom's aspirant