lightweight packs, climate in May June

Maura Santangelo maurasantangeloaSTNY.RR.COM
Mon Jan 27 07:23:40 PST 2003

FYI:

In my search for a lightweight pack which a short woman (1.5 m or 5 ft)
could use I have come across a pack weighing only 2 lbs 6oz (about 1.1
kgs), it has a capacity of 3100 cubic inches (there are are 2.54 cms per
linear inch), fits torso lengths of 14 to 23 inches).  It is made by
Mountainsmith (Ghost Pack) can be found at Campmor, REI, Sierra Trading
for those of you living in North America.  It is indeed light weight and
well made.   I have filled it with all the gear I plan to carry and
space is sufficient. I have read that one should not carry any more than
10% of one's body weight, which will really be limited in my case: do
any of you NOLS or Outward Bound types know what the recommended weight
ranges actually are?

a question for anyone who has done the camino in May June: what can I
expect in terms of weather??  Average highs and lows???

Thanks, Maura