Honeymoon on the Camino--questions

Pi Ware & Susan Kraker piwareaPACBELL.NET
Sat Jan 25 12:19:06 PST 2003

Hello, Friends,

My fiance, Susan, and I are going to get married in April here in the
USA and then walk the first leg of the Camino in May.
We're planning to start at St.Jean Pied De Port and end in Logrono.  (We
also plan to come back to Spain in the subsequent years and finish the
Camino, piece by piece.)
I lived in Spain for two years (in Valencia and in Madrid) and have been
looking forward to doing the pilgrimage for a long, long time.

If any of you with Camino experience could take a look at our questions
and answer them, Susan and I would be so grateful:

1.    How exactly do we get a passport from the Friends of the Road to
Santiago?
2.    How exactly can we join the Friends--I know it's $8, but where do
we send it, is there a form to fill out, etc?
3.    Do you recommend a hard or soft hiking boot for the camino
(heavyweight or lightweight)?
4.    What's the weather like generally in that region from approx. May
10-May 17?
5.    Can you make hotel reservations ahead of time on the camino?  What
about reservations at the refugios--can you make them in advance?
6.    We weren't planning on bringing a tent because of the additional
weight.  Is this a mistake?
7.    Are there intercity buses from city to city?  For example from Los
Arcos to Logrono?
8.    How many pounds do you recommend carrying in your backpack?
9.    Should we get a passport in Roncevalles?  Where do you get it?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer our questions.  I
realize that over-planning can limit the fun had on an adventure, but we
both realized long ago we're way too neurotic not to plan ahead   :-) .

Thank you!
(Si prefieres responder en espanol, me parece fenomenal.  Muchisimas
gracias.)

Pi Ware
Los Angeles, CA

To learn more about us (and if you love independent film) you can see
Susan and my movie's website at
www.solitudethemovie.com