leaving stones along the way

Sue Kenney sue.kenneyaSYMPATICO.CA
Fri Jan 24 11:26:33 PST 2003

wisdom's aspirant wrote:

> The church at which I play the organ is St James. A lady from that church is
> painting a little stone for me to leave at the Iron Cross, a stone of prayer
> for the church. They will bless the stone and me before I go.

Deanna,

I didn't know anything about the tradition of leaving a stone at the Cruz de
Ferro from your country of origin, before I left for the Camino. That day I
wasn't sure what to leave leave since I really needed everything I was
carrying.  Then I met a Spanish woman and I told her of my dilema. She told me
to pick up a stone and "put my country into it". I did just that.

Sue