pilgrimage and intercultural contact - research project BTU

Bob Spenger rspengeraADELPHIA.NET
Mon Jan 6 07:25:43 PST 2003

I tried to send this off-list, but delivery was refused.

 Kira,

I don't know about eastern Europeans on the Santiago Pilgrimage, but, in
the Spring of 2001, I was puzzled when I thought I heard slavic voices in
the lobby of the monastery/dormitory in Fátima in Portugal. Later I could
see
from my window that there were several tour busses from Prague parked in
the area behind the monastery. I don't know if this was just a tourist stop

for them or whether it was regarded as a pilgrimage.

regards,

Robert Spenger