small dress points and biggish question

Maura Santangelo maurasantangeloaSTNY.RR.COM
Sat Jan 4 13:27:47 PST 2003

Having traveled much in Asia's more remote places... my advice about
money is never carry credit cards, passport or other ID and money in the
same place, the idea being that if your pouch/ bag gets stolen you will
not lose everything.  If they get your credit card it is harder to use
without ID.  Also split your money.    On trains in India I use my pouch
with some of the documents as my pillow, a bit lumpy, but I sleep better.

It is a very good idea to have a copy of your passport main page with
photo, together with some information on the nearest American consulate
with phone number and or fax.    It makes it much easier and faster to
obtain a replacement if you have it on hand.

Maura