ONLY bring what you use everyday!

M Parker MGParkeraAOL.COM
Wed Jan 1 18:31:27 PST 2003

Only bring on the Camino things you will use EVERY DAY.

I just returned Oct. 29th.  Regarding clothes:
3 sets of quick dry clothes
One I used only after shower,  to go to dinner and to sleep in.  (Yes,  I
slept in my dinner clothes)
The other two sets,  I alternated every other day.

An all "over-poncho" was essential for comfort in the rain.
I found it cooler than the rain suits.

I speak very good Spanish,  but an essential for me was a tiny
English-Spanish dictionary.  I used it every day.

Large safety pins were essential to hang clothes out to dry.  You cannot have
too many.  If I went again,  I would take packets of laundry detergent.  You
can buy them there,  but it is cumbersome and difficult to find the right
sizes at times when you need it.

If I went again,  I would carry some of the lovely face washing cloths that
are out now.  Some are for use WITH water,  some are for use WITHOUT the need
of water.  I would carry the ones that you don't need to rinse after because
sometimes sinks crowded.

I would also take packets of hand wipes for after picnics,  etc.
A wine opener is essential.  Get one with a knife.   Take a cup of some kind.

Think LIGHT,  LIGHT,  and trust that you can replenish nearly everything.

At least 2 bandanas or similar scarfs for mopping sweat or many other uses.
i would take 4 because I kept losing mine.
marianne