Questions of a neophite

Richard Ferguson peregrinoaATT.NET
Wed Feb 26 14:55:10 PST 2003

I started in Leon, a 4 hour train ride from Madrid, no problem.  I believe that
there are several trains per day.  I bought my train ticket at the Madrid
airport.  I walked 15 days to Santiago.  I got lost the first day, trying to take
the less popular route to Hopital de Orbigo, so be careful.  Maybe get an area
map from the tourist office in Leon, across from the cathedral.  The cathedral is
wonderful.  Ask for directions often, I was told that the area around Leon is
infamous for poor trailmarking.

I got my credential before I left for Europe from the American camino group (I
forget their proper name), and had it stamped in Leon.

Vaya con Dios!
Richard