accessing US cash on the pilgrimage?

Jean Seeler jeandaveaMINDSPRING.COM
Tue Feb 25 11:54:25 PST 2003

We did the Camino in 2001 and Germany in 2002 by bike.   All you need is an
ATM card which accesses one or more of the major networks.   Just remember
to have a 4 digit numerical PIN.  And remember to safeguard your ATM card.
My sig/other used his bank debit card and was charged a bit more than I was
for my simple ATM (not credit/not debit) card when withdrawing pesos in 2001
and Euros in 2002.   We never had trouble finding am ATM.   Travelers checks
are not always easily cashed and often require a hefty service fee.

jean   jeandaveamindspring.com