Vulgarities

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Sun Feb 23 07:31:45 PST 2003

I am very much offended by  such vulgarities and take umbrage at their being
posted in this forum.
As one that was brought up by relatives from Granada, and who has countless
friends and relatives in Spain and Latin-America, I would never, ever, use
such words; in addition to disclosing a lack of "education" in the speaker,
they connote a high degree of disrespect for the listener. None of my friends
uses such words which are at the level of that deplorable "f" one in English.

I, for one, would much appreciate not being exposed to such disagreeable and
unpleasant terms here.
Rosina
p.s. In Spanish the use of the word "education" goes beyond its academic
context. It is applied in the sense of its Latin origin: "educare"  as "to
rear", "to bring up" and it applies to having, or lacking, good manners.